Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yard Sales!

I have to say that ever since I graduated from college and moved into my own apartment, I have really loved yard sales.  So after buying a house this summer, I've become obsessed with them!  We needed so much furniture for our house and we got such great deals, I just had to share.  I think 4 years ago, I would have been embarrassed that 75% of my stuff is from a yard sale or thrift store, but now I totally love it!  Yard saling makes me happy!  Here are some of the deals we've found this summer!

 Table and chairs $15.00  (Our old table was too big for this little nook space)

We had a big mirror in my living room growing up and I loved it.  So I was happy to find this one for $4.00!  (Then I added some ivy to it from our wedding reception decorations)


Plant Stand $5.00


Armoire $5.00


Tall chairs for our island/bar $5.00 each


Over-the-range microwave $40.00  (Kyle installed it)


Refrigerator $50 (The lady even kept it for us for 2 weeks until we moved, people are so nice!)


One of two speakers $5.00 we bought for our computer (which doubles as our tv) 


Glider with matching rocking ottoman $30.00 (They don't match now because we put a blanket from Mexico on the glider) I tell everyone that we can have a baby now that we own a rocker, haha!


$5.00 Camping chair which doubles as a backpack


$10.00 Book shelf for Kyle's Star Trek stuff , hehe


 
$5.00 Huge book shelf for our mission memories/church books (We only got this so cheap because when we asked the guy how much it was, he said "How much do you have?"  We seriously only had five dollars cash left that day, so he said, "Sold"!  Yay!  Then of course we had to drive home with it hanging out the back of our car since we have a tiny car, hehe.


Computer $3.00 and it plays DVD's so I can watch movies while I walk on the treadmill so I don't get bored.   The monitor was free.   


Lawnmower from Craigslist $65.00  Yes, it has a lot of power.  It's just hard to get that power started, hehe.  I actually like mowing the lawn, but Kyle always has to come pull the starter cord for me.  He says, "It just needed a big jerk to start it" He's actually quite the opposite of a jerk in my opinion, ha!

 
So, all in all, I would call this a very successful summer of yardsales!!  Can't wait for next summer when we'll be able to buy baby stuff hopefully, hehe!







2 comments: