Saturday, September 10, 2011

New (Old) Car!

So our trusty little car named Robe (pronounced Robie, it's a Probe, but the letter P fell off many moons ago, so it just says robe on the back), has been making me nervous this week. This car has driven me so many places and helped me out so much. It took me from Washington to Rexburg numerous times my last year of college, and then from Washington to Utah for my student teaching. It has driven me to Canada to see Kyle. This summer it has taken us all the way to Los Angeles and everywhere inbetween. I have put over 60,000 miles on that car in the past 4 years. Kyle and I have managed fine for a whole year with only 1 car, but now that Robe is threatening to stall at every stop sign, we started looking into buying a second car. We've been looking on Craigslist and at a few dealerships, but today, we found something we really love. It's nothing close to a new car, but for us, it's something we've both always wanted, an SUV. It's big enough for a few kids, which we hope to have in a few years, haha. So even though the gas mileage on this car will be half the mpg we get with Robe, we're very happy to have a 2nd car without having a car payment still! We got it for only $1800, yay us! It's a '97 Ford Explorer.  We have yet to find a good name for it, but are open to suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment