Thursday, August 22, 2013

Remember to 'look up'

I have commited myself to running a 5K... I have wanted to do this for a long time.  When Kenna had her 6 month birthday (on July 25th), I decided now was the time to get to it. I found one that is being held on my birthday.  I will be turning the big 30, so I figured this would be a great memory of my birthday!  It is called "Battle to the Pacific".  I will be running it alone since strollers are not allowed, so Kyle will be staying with Kenna.  I am glad actually becuase I like to run at my own pace and not worry about anyone else wanting to go faster, haha.  So I began the "Couch to 5K" program which basically just tells me how many minutes to run and walk each day in order to build up my endurance and run the whole thing.  So the program has me doing 3 runs per week.  Last weekend, my sister Carisa and her family came to sleep over on Thursday night, so I did not do my usual run on Friday morning. We were planning to go to the ocean and meet up with them on Saturday, but I had to get my run in first.  This was week 3 of training by the way.  I really did not want to go, but finally convinced myself to.  I did not have the stroller with me for once since Kyle was home and kept Kenna with him.  Part way through my torturous jog, I passed another jogger and lifted my head to say hi.  After lifting him head, I began to think that I must have been looking down that whole time if I had to lift my head to say hello.  So I began looking up instead... and the beauty of the trees and the greenery that surrounded me was breathtaking!  I began to see what I had been missing.  It was truly majestic.  The last few times I've been jogging I have tried to remember to 'look up'.   Physically looking up towards the sky also helps me remember all the blessings I've received from my Heavenly Father as I try to spiritually 'look up' as well.  We live in a beautiful world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment